Monday, August 5, 2013

Do I Need to Repeat Myself?

(whenever an authority figure would ask that^ question, I would get chills. Sorry if that's what the title induced for y'all!)

I spend a lot of my time on Tumblr, an online blogging community where people blog pictures, videos, moving images (more appropriately called gifs), and text posts. People are able to then reblog these posts, which can be done by clicking this button:




Today, as I gear up to do some substantial writing, it's been helpful to go back through my old posts on "Breaking the Silence" to familiarize myself with points I've already made, but need to make again, and will probably have to keep making. One post in particular has aided substantially in my research, and I feel the need to reblog it today: "Age, in Boy Scouts and in Love." Again and again do individuals write off news headlines and various cases as progress, without thinking about who that progress does not benefit and at who's expense is that progress occurring. And in social movements aimed at changing a body and institution as large as a church, it's important to keep in mind that on a broad level (individual may be different), progress that continues to oppress even one person or demographic is progress for no one, in the grand scheme of things.

Stay tuned.

Also, I'm 2 days and 6 episodes into Netflix's original series Orange is the New Black. Do yourself a favor and watch it, but be advised that it does have mature content.

Also, all my posts on "Breaking the Silence" can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment