Tuesday, September 6, 2011

This makes me just a little angry...

I've got a new treat for you gayelles, gays, and bronies.

Take a look at this. Then, check this out.

There have been three attacks on gay men in the past two weeks. If you know me, you know that I swear frequently in real life, and that I'm trying really hard to stop, simply due to a wish to strengthen my character. However, here's an undiluted thought that I've been having since reading that second article.

What the hell is going on?

My first thought was violent and short-sighted and would solve things as quickly as adding a barrel of gasoline to a house fire that needed to be put out. How would it be liked if the LGBT community answered in kind, I wondered? Seeing how little has been done on the part of legislators on LGBT issues, I wouldn't be surprised that this violence kept going unchecked until we reached the level of violence seen in the Kristallnacht.

It's not the direct fault of anyone except for the people that committed the crimes. It's also the fault of the lawmakers that have no backbone and no wish to defend their constituents. There is a very significant LGBT population in Utah, and they're not going away. It's their home just as much as it is the homes of other populations, whether defined by religion, race, or lifestyle. I would urge my friends to call in to the legislators' offices and express our disgust with this lack of protection.

It could be an organized group doing this, or separate attackers. All I know and all I want is to keep our friends and our family members safe in this seeming rash of violence against LGBT people. To those friends of mine that may be LGBT in some fashion -- Watch yourselves, guys, and keep in touch with each other.

What do all of you think of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment