Friday, March 30, 2012

I Wish…

… For Them

I wish I was good enough for you. I wish I would have kissed you before you left. I wish that you didn’t feel the need to write me a generic letter three months later. I wish you would have just been honest and harsh and shooed me off.

I wish you could have loved me like you love her. I wish you knew my eye color.

I wish I wasn’t as honest with you. I don’t wish for things to stay the same, I like the way they’ve changed, but I wish I didn’t want more.

I wish you would have remembered my birthday. I wish I was more to you than just an outlet. I wish you needed me when I was around, not only when I was out of reach.

I wish you could have seen how much I loved you. I wish you weren’t so blinded.

I wish I could be honest with you. I wish rules and fear didn’t dominate my emotions.

… For Me

I wish I was good enough.

I wish I was proud of myself.

I wish I wasn’t so restless.

I wish I knew when to hold my tongue.

I wish I knew how to flirt and be cute.

I wish I had the courage to wear my “gay” tee-shirt.

I wish I had the courage to follow my heart, my dreams.

I just wish I knew how to be comfortable with me.

8 comments:

  1. I hope...

    I hope you know how much we love you.

    I hope you know how much we care.

    I hope you find the peace you need.

    I hope you find the love you deserve.

    But, more than anything else, I hope you find a love and appreciation for yourself. For you are a beautiful soul with a heart of gold.

    Truly, I hope you realize that we love and care so much for you. These aren't casual words, I wouldn't say them if I didn't mean them. Take some comfort in knowing that we cherish you for who you are. For your honesty. For your sweet words. For you.

    All my love,

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dupree, this is amazing. Thank you for posting something so meaningful. I think you just made my day, so we're off to a good start :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dupree, you've done it again. Another moving, blog post of poetry.

    I agree with MJ. I hope you know you're loved, and I hope that you find your own self love. But it's a hard process and we're all always going through it.

    You're so awesome. I'm glad I got to meet you in real life--because you're just amazing. And you're really good at raw emotional poetry. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're amazing, Dupree. And you're enough! By the way, I can always relate to your posts, and they're very moving. *Sigh* Nobody should have to go through that heartbreak.

    But I believe in you. I believe you're brave and strong and smart and that you'll become comfortable with the amazing person you are. All my best, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dupree, you're a pretty rad chick. And you're a good writer, too.

    ReplyDelete