Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I'm late I'm late I'm late

First:
Sorry for being late...again.

Second:
I decided to save the essay for next week, since things are going to be crazy for me (lots of applications and rearranging things back at my apartment.) I've been visiting with my boyfriend's family, and so I've been intermittently in and out of an internet connection. I may have to move back to Dallas in the summer because of a lack of money, but I'm not the only one who's broke in this crazy economy. I do have the reassurance that if I do, my boyfriend may be coming with me for an internship. It's not set, but... (crosses fingers)

Third:
I'm churning out applications as fast as I can, and working hard on my novel at the same time. Since the 16th of December, I've written 25,000 words for my novel. I have 14 manuscripts that are past that length, but I'm determined--whether the path takes me through hellfire or high water to get just one book done before Febuary is through. I'm tired of not having anything done. I don't want to go to graduate school until I've got at least one manuscript under my belt.

Fourth:
I'm fairly sure that I've found myself on a cultural level, when it comes to bisexuality. I promised long ago that I would look into more of lesbian culture, but it seems that I wasn't being true to myself. I do have gender issues and matters of sexual orientation that I'm still looking to explore and iron out, but I'm doing it with my boyfriend in hand. We would both understand if I came to the understanding that I only loved women, and I would understand if he ever told me that he had come to a new understanding of himself in the way of sexual orientation.

It may affect my own views of myself, but away from the ideals of gender, I feel like we lock together so well. Some of our roles are reversed, we're quirky, and we're weird. He loves funk, I love soundtracks. We both love jazz and South Indian curries. Dark chocolate, fantasy novels, short stories, 90s references, leaning on each others' shoulders and having staring contests that last for hours...all I have to say to all of that awesomeness is a resounding:


I've also got a little surprise for the week after next (perhaps not as great as Jo's and Tiffany's, but still cool.)


See ya!

-Amber

And to all of my readers:


PONIES

No comments:

Post a Comment