Friday, April 6, 2012

I Am Free!


Go to school. Get straight A’s. Date. Get Married. Have babies. Be a stay at home mom.

Repeat after me: I am Free.

Quit school. Take up cooking. Learn how to fix cars and build stuff. Listen to good music. Drink coffee. Stay out past midnight. Dance. Wear tank tops. Say “shit” when things go wrong. Kiss a girl. Travel the world. Be a surf bum. Fall in love… a lot. Possibly get married. Maybe have kids. Love yourself. Accept yourself. Think for yourself. Live for yourself…

I am FREE!


4 comments:

  1. Argh. You're killing me! Which is it? Is this a multiple choice question? Did you choose option 'B' - nearly every day I was at BYU I wanted to choose to be free. But I was too chicken and cheap and never had the guts to do what I needed to do for me. Whichever you choose I hope and wish you the best and all the happiness in the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really decided yet. I'm leaning toward option B just cause I feel like I would be happier. But I get ya. BYU is cheap and it's an easy path to stay on.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this post. :) Love, love. Yes, MJ. Life is a multiple choice question. There are SO many options. And we get to choose whatever the hell we want. Isn't it beautiful?!???

    Thanks, Dupree, for the grand reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to say ROCK the second one! But, if your heart is set on the first one then go for it, girl!

    I agree with Jo; life is a multiple choice question and you can't get a wrong answer with anything you choose as long as you're choosing for yourself and not some dumbass who decided to make an answer key and then tell everyone to live by it.

    Be free!

    ReplyDelete