Monday, May 21, 2012

19 Months and 97 lbs.

I’m a big guy.  I haven’t been small since I was in elementary school and even then I was still pretty tall for my age.  As I got older, I also got bigger.  And bigger. Then I got a “grown up” job at a desk all day and I got even bigger.

Last summer I went to visit some family in Northern California and I weighed myself for the first time in several months.  I was shocked and ashamed.  I didn’t know scales went over 300 lbs and I came in at 312.5 lbs. which meant, since starting my big-boy job five or six months earlier, I gained an additional 40 lbs.  Excuse me! What the hell was my problem? I was already too big when I was hired and, somehow, I managed to pack on an extra four bags of potatoes.

At the time I started an immediate quest to lose weight and I was somewhat successful.  Over the next six months I lost 25 lbs.  I was feeling pretty good about myself and I was comfortable with my rate of weight loss.  Then the holidays arrived and I fell off the bandwagon and gained back eight of those pounds. Determined to make up for the setback of the holidays, I joined Weight Watchers and lost a mere six pounds.

Now my life is in such an awkward place that I can’t seem to find the motivation to eat properly, exercise, or even get enough sleep.

Turns out my body is in a rut.  I’m in an even bigger rut and, as as much as I piss and moan about how much I HATE being fat, I don’t do anything to change it anymore.
 
Today marks the day I embark on the next year and a half of my life, here’s to losing 97 lbs.


Today’s Weight:      292 lbs
Goal Weight:          195 lbs
Current Loss:         0 lbs
Total Loss:              20 lbs

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Bailey! I need to take control of something!

      Delete
  2. ever try a smoothie fast?
    I did one for a week and lost some weight (unfortunately). But I hear it really works wonders.
    The biggest thing, of course, is to eat more raw veggies.
    I believe in you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm down two lbs from Monday so that's a start! Thanks for your support!

      Delete