Friday, July 13, 2012

A Man Of Little Words







So it’s raining. Pouring. A beautiful mountain storm. I’m walking to the dining hall to grab some dinner and I notice my crush walking toward me.

Him: “It’s raining”
Me: “Yea I noticed.”

And then we kept walking our separate ways. To me, that is okay. I didn’t need to have a two hour conversation about the weather with him to for him to know that I like him.

He knows because of the way I smile whenever he is near.
Or how I suddenly get quiet when he is around.

But what I like about him is how he doesn’t waste words. Everyone thinks he is really quiet but then he’ll just the say the most interesting things. And he’s snarky to boot.
We went on a date Thursday and it was awesome. No we didn’t talk much and whenever we did it seemed forced (mostly on my part because I have no idea how to have a conversation). But what I really enjoyed was the silence. How I could just look at him and smile and that was enough.

But this post isn’t about him. It’s about me being tired of talking. It’s not so much that I want to be alone again; I’m just enjoying the silence so much more. And I know this blog is about breaking the silence but I want to go back to a place where I can revel in the silence.

Looking back I see all the posts about how I didn’t want to be alone. I appreciate the growth that I’ve had and am now able to enjoy my alone time. And also enjoy the time I spend with all my new friends.

Well I love you guys but I don’t have much to say today. The point is; life is amazing. Even when it’s pouring rain it’s so beautiful. 




BTW: Happy Friday the 13th! Hope you all survive!

2 comments:

  1. I like this. I really like the conversation you had with Crush.
    And, even though I'm always all about breaking the silence one of the first thing I loved about Jo was that we could be silent together. We could be alone together. Silence and alone time are just as important as talking and being with someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need my quiet sometimes and I love that you have found someone who makes you confident and comfortable during the quiet times. I think it is so important!

    ReplyDelete