Friday, July 6, 2012

This Was No Accident; This Was A Therapeutic Chain Of Events.. And Other Stories Of Dupree


People Read This?



So the other day Lee and I are BSing when this girl pipes in that she reads the blog. I was like O.O! I had no idea that she read it. And a shout out to her, I think it’s awesome that you read it J
But for anyone else out there that reads my junk that I don’t know, pipe up. I’d love to actually have a conversation with you instead of me simply spewing word vomit on you once a week.

How Far We’ve Come- Matchbox Twenty



Robbing The Cradle (And by Cradle I Mean Garments)


Before anyone gets any ideas I would like to make it apparent that this person is over 18. And by over I mean just 18. PreMish. Ready to go serve with his call in hand. But I like him (yea I know I like A LOT of people). And that is terrible right? I mean he’s ready to serve a Church that I don’t want to be a part of. He’s waiting for some temple marriage and I’m not aiming for that. I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has happened (beside a few shy smiles) but it just makes me think of how I really can’t date anyone at BYU.

Chop Suey- System Of The Down



Independence Day 



So this was an amazing week. I don’t know what happened but I was just happy all the time! Example: A conversation between me and a coworker.
R: Why are you so happy Dupree?
Me: I think I took some drugs three years ago and they are just now kicking in.
I’ve been so active lately, caught up in service and friends, that I just haven’t worried about stuff. 
And something else totally worked out.
Remember how I said I would figure out everything by the Fourth? The night before a friend of mine (one of my roomies now) asked if I wanted to room with her. Before I was determined to get a single room next year because of the whole being-called-Satan-and-an-overall-terrible-person-because-I’m-gay thing. I just didn’t want to deal with the whole, guess what I am gay and no I’m not interested in you, thing.
So anyway she asked and I thought instantly no. And then I thought it about how she already knew I was gay and all my other shenanigans so obviously she was cool with me. Plus she’s dating E and I trust his judgment :P So anyway it just felt good and I told her on the Fourth yes. Actually I wrote her a note and when she saw me later she started jumping up and down. It was epic.  

Speeding Cars- Imogen Heap



This Was No Accident; This Was A Therapeutic Chain Of Events



So the other day (a week ago to be exact) I had the afternoon off of work. And honestly the day earlier hadn’t been that awesome.
Things weren’t happening the way I had wanted them too. I had just posted about my depression and being suicidal but how I would never do that…
So I’m down in the valley running errands and all I can think about is a gun to my head. I just wanted to be done. I was tired and I was over it.
As I leave Walmart I took some random road. And then another road that I had never even been on. I ended up on State St.
I was stressed and loosing it so I decided to hit up Starbucks. I was preoccupied when I was to the entrance and a horn honked at me. I was about to flip out on this person when I look up and realize that it’s E.
We get our drinks and sit and BS for two hours like we do. It was nice. It calmed me down. I wasn’t stressing over what I needed to do next, just relaxing.
While we were talking he mentioned my blog post. He told me that if it ever got that bad to let him know. That he would be there.
After a while we parted ways and I went to try and get my phone fixed, the place was closed. My friend was upset that I showed up way late to the girl’s night that I had planned. But I didn’t care. It didn’t faze my happy mood.
Point? Because occasionally my stories have them. I had no intentions to go to Starbucks, I just ended up on the road that would take me there. I guess what really got me was how coincidental it was. How right where I had no intentions of going was exactly what I needed. How one random turn, turned into one thought, which led to the conversation that made my week. I guess it just impacted me. It’s weird how little things in life can do that. One smile, one hello. Things that are so small pile up and make our lives. It’s odd (considering this guy is an atheist) that it makes me think of how a higher power must be there helping to guide us.

Camisado- Panic! At The Disco



So there you have it bloggers. I had a lot to say. My thoughts are always on the ramble but at least they are happier J
Love you guys
-Dupree




9 comments:

  1. Hi Dupree. I don't know if you know me or not, but, inspired by your call to arms--and by call to arms I mean call to pipe up--I've decided to introduce myself. I'm Bailey and I'm the coolest person you'll ever meet. Wanna have a conversation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one of the coolest people I've ever met.
      But sadly I don't watch Firefly so what could we possibly talk about?

      Delete
    2. Nothing. So it's hopeless. We should just give up now.

      Delete
    3. My thoughts exactly. How sad. I'm sure we could have been stellar friends.

      Delete
  2. Damn you Bailey, you beat me to my comment.

    Dupree, I love your posts - the good, the bad, and the ones that involve you getting coffee at Starbucks without me. Bitch. ;)

    But really, I love that this blog is a place to vent to share and to express ourselves. Glad you're doing better, love. Let's still be friends even though you went for Starbucks without me.

    Love,

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love that you don't judge me when I forget punctuation and I can't edit my comments...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey we all fail sometimes. I have to edit my blog posts like ten times and then I still find mistakes after I read them. And you live in the middle of SLC how I am supposed to find you to have coffee? I mean really? But when do you leave because we need to hang before you do :)

      Delete
  4. Have I ever told you that I love your posts?? Because, well, I do. You are so authentic and honest and you say it how it is. I like that. And I like that you find the beauty in the little things, in taking a new road and finding an old friend. Personally, I don't think there is any such thing as a coincidence. :)

    ReplyDelete