Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fare Thee Well, Oh Blog!



It's true.  I'm leaving the blog.

Now, before you tear up so much you can't read the screen, let me say a few things.

I have loved being a part of this blog community.  It has not only been a place for me to share my thoughts each week, but has allowed me a space to just be myself.  It has provided validation and support and love during the times when I had very little of it elsewhere.  This blog has also been an awesome venue for my own self-discovery.  Because we are allowed and encouraged to be candid and open, I have discovered a lot of things about myself as I worked out my thoughts on this electronic paper, breaking my own personal silences and exploring those of others.  I hope that in leaving I can allow a slot for some other brave soul who wants a turn to be wholly authentic, but who may need a happy place such as this in which to express themselves.

I want to give a BIG shout out to Tiffany for creating such a beautiful place where people can come together and support each other as we discover ourselves and find our place in this world.  Our words may help some reader, but if no one were to ever read this blog, simply having a safe place like this is invaluable (though having readers and commenters sure is nice).  Thank you, Tiffany, for your vision and efforts.  I sure love you.

I also want to thank this community - those who read and comment, but most especially my fellow bloggers. Your comments and kind words have often given me validation and support when I most needed it.  Thank you for accepting and loving me throughout my process and for allowing me, in turn, to support you and share in your happiness and grief.  I believe we learn so much from each other and that we grow that much more by having someone to share our stories with.  You are all so wonderful.

But don't think you can get rid of me that easily.  I'll be around.
Reading
Thinking
Commenting
Supporting

Carry on, brave bloggers!

Sending love out to you all,

Jo

5 comments:

  1. So sad.
    I'll miss your amazing blog posts.
    But don't think this gets you out of writing by any means ;)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha. Get out of writing?? Never. I love writing.

      And I'm glad that at least one person will miss me. :)

      Delete
  2. What?! No, so sad:( Could you please at least let me some scotch tape for my broken heart?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way more than one person will miss you, Jo. Your posts are always beautiful and so thoughtful. I'm glad you'll still be making comments! And I'm glad this blog gave you what you needed: that's priceless. Thanks, Tif, for hosting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whopperlicious - I'm afraid I don't have any scotch tape, but I could probably spare some hemp twine if you'd like?

    And thanks, L. Fauset, for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete