Thursday, August 2, 2012

Your Task





Yes.  ALL the barriers.


And Rumi isn't just talking about romantic love.
He's talking about love for friends
for family
for coworkers
for neighbors
for people who eat at Chick-fil-a
for those whose opinions are opposite your own
for spiders
for YOURSELF


It is my belief that we are already full of love.  All of us.  It's just a matter of getting past the barriers and RELEASING it!


Is it possible to love people when we feel they are in our way, when their opinions and actions may hurt us, either directly or indirectly??


Can you love yourself when you have "failed" to live up to your own expectations, or when your life hasn't unfolded as you wanted it to?  

2 comments:

  1. I laughed at the Chick-Fil-A part. Love that.
    And it's hard to love yourself when you don't live up to everything you want to achieve. I start to doubt myself when I feel like I'm becoming what others want me to be, and not what I want to be.
    A tricky thing at work is loving the person but hating the worker. Like with Crush. Outstanding person, adore him. But his work ethic sucks and is way slow. I wonder if it's possible to love the different sides of people but not all of them. But then I question that because one of my favorite quotes from Dirty Dancing is "if you love me, you have to love all of me."
    Anyway... that was a long comment and a total ramble but I loved the poem. And the idea of loving people when they don't really agree.
    Like with that kid who said it was okay for the Chick-fil-A guy and what nots... I still think he is funny and get along with him at work. We just have differing opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post really resonated with me and actually sparked the direction I took with my post this week. Thank you for the reminder. I am trying so hard to love others that sometimes I forget to love myself. Something to work on, eh! Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete