Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Michael Rogers


So Portia de Rossi. Is awesome. Duh. Anyway. When she told her brother she was gay she was all nervous and stuff about how he would take it. His response: slightly hurt and a little bit offended. Because she hadn’t told him earlier! He was sad that she had been afraid of what his reaction would be or that he would love her less or something equally preposterous in his mind.

My mom told my dad about me. His response: curious why the crap I didn’t say anything about it to them earlier. And that he loves me all the same and doesn’t care about that or what my choices concerning it are. How freaking legit is that?!

I was so worried for so long that they’d be disappointed or unhappy or whatever. It is such a huge relief for them to know now and that they’re so cool with everything.

Plus even if they weren’t I already had my consolation prize in place: I finally got to meet my girl’s little nephews and they have both taken to me like grasshoppers to karate. They basically adore me. I think that makes me adorable. If I’m lucky she won’t kill me in my sleep for stealing away the affection of such cute munchkins. Or them for stealing away my affection….

3 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how jealous I am of your parents' reactions. I hope you know how lucky you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) (that's me being REALLY for you).

    PS I doubt your girl will kill you OR the numchkins in your sleeps. There's enough love to go around. And in my experience, when the people you love love the other people you love, it only increases the love for the loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what numchkins are, but they sound cute....stupid typos.

      Delete